Monolithic Insulating Joints
Cathodic Protection - Weld Ends - Threaded Ends - Flange Ends
Monolithic Isolation joints are used to electrically isolate pipelines.
Monolithic Isolation joints, (MIJ) provide Cathodic Protection. CP joints electrically "split-up" long pipelines and branch lines into distinctive cathodic protection systems.
Cathodic Protection for all pipe sizes, standard ISO 3183-API 5L - other specified pipe grades are available.
Design Codes: ASME B 31.3 - ASME B 31.4 - ASME B 31.8 - ASME VIII Div.I Appx. 2 - EN 10204 3.1
- Design pressure: (BarG) 6 to1034.5
- Design temperature: (°C) Standard Application 0 to 90° - Special Application -173 to 180°C
- Rating: (ASME/ANSI #) Class 150 to 2500 "ANSI/ASA" - 3000 to 15000 "API"
- Ends: "BW" Butt Welded: - API 5L / B16.25 / B16.5 / MSS SP75
- Connection Pipe: 15 to 3000mm / 1/2" to 120"
- Connection Pipe WT: 2.7 to 152.4mm / 0.154" to 6"
- Joint Overall Length: 150 to 12000 (over 3000 insulation joint + extension pipe)
- Installation: Above ground / underground / subsea
- Hydrostatic Test: 1.5 Times the Design Pressure ( Or as per Customer Requirements )
- Dielectric Test: 1.5 to 5 KV @ 1 minute AC 50÷60 Hz (Special 20 KV @ 1 minute AC 50÷60 Hz)
- Electric insulation Test: > 200 MΩ @ 1000 Volt DC ( Special > 100 GΩ @ 5000 Volt DC )
Monolithic Isolation Joints are coated to prevent corrosion and are 100% tested hydrostatically, electrically and for weld performance.
Monolithic Isolation Joints provide electrical sectioning and passive protection against corrosion, they are installed in inlet and outlet pipes, on meters, tanks, pumping station, etc.
Monolithic Isolating Joints do not require maintenance, they improve the cathodic protection of gas, water and petroleum pipelines. providingimportant savings in operation and maintenance cost.
Monolithic isolation joints, may be a stock item or built to spec:
Depending on the specification.
Double 'O' Ring Seal Monolithic Isolation Joint
ASTM A500/A500M, ASTM A53, ASTM SA53, ASTM A795
ASTM A252, ASTM A795, ASTM A106, A53 GR.B, ASTM A312
ASTM A358 Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ASTM A790
ASTM A928 Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, API5LC, ASTM B775
EN10217-7 TC 1/2
Contact us: Westatlantic Tech Corp.